If you are really motivated to improve your English but you don’t get many opportunities for contact with English speakers, then joining a forum can be a fantastic way to practise from the comfort of your own home.
So what are the benefits of joining a forum?
- VARIETY: You can choose any topic or hobby that you are interested in. The more interested we are in a subject, the more likely we are to remember language related to it so pick something you love – cycling, make-up, DIY, football, music – and immerse yourself in that world!
- BUILDING CONTACTS: You might find, and stay in contact with, like-minded people giving you future opportunities to practise English.
- READING: You will have lots of reading practice, and different types of reading as everybody will have a different style.
- WRITING: You can write without worrying about your mistakes. Although correction is extremely useful, sometimes it’s nice to just get your thoughts out without analysing your grammar too much.
- COMMUNITY: You’ll become part of a community and that is a supportive environment for learning.
Is it difficult to join a forum?
It’s very simple. You can just put your chosen topic into a search engine and find one there. For example, if you love tropical fish and have a fish tank, just search for ‘fish forum’! All you’ll need is a valid email address. Find out more about joining a forum here. Have fun 🙂